afleshjackforblainecharitydrive:
25% of the people have a 4th cone and see colors as they are
Given the sudden interest for the color of dresses and vision, here some of the fascinating findings we did recently.
The color nuances we see depend on the number and distribution of cones (=color receptors) in our eye. You can check this rainbow: how many color nuances do you count?
You see less than 20 color nuances: you are a dichromats, like dogs, which means you have 2 types of cones only. You are likely to wear black, beige, and blue. 25% of the population is dichromat.
You see between 20 and 32 color nuances: you are a trichromat, you have 3 types of cones (in the purple/blue, green and red area). You enjoy
different colors as you can appreciate them. 50% of the population is
trichromat.You see between 33 and 39 colors: you are a
tetrachromat, like bees, and have 4 types of cones (in the purple/blue,
green, red plus yellow area). You are irritated by yellow, so this color
will be nowhere to be found in your wardrobe. 25% of the population is
tetrachromat.You see more than 39 color nuances: come on, you are
making up things! there are only 39 different colors in the test and
probably only 35 are properly translated by your computer screen anyway
:)It is highly probable that people who have an additional 4th
cone do not get tricked by blue/black or white/gold dresses, no matter
the background light ;)
(x)I see 21 colors. I had no idea there are so many more.
I see 35-39 colours, and I hate the colour yellow. That was actually what made me curious enough to stop scrolling and count. Who knew there was a scientific reason behind my colour preferences?
So the idea here is that what I see as annoyingly, garishly bright, most people don’t see as clearly, and that’s why it’s “cheerful?” (I’ve never understood that description of yellow.)I barely saw 18 or 19. Dang :/
I got 36, but I don’t hate yellow lol
I am a bee.
35 but I love yellow soo
Oh dang I don’t see red very well I think
I can see 37, and actually do find most shades of yellow to be a little annoying
I can see 39, had to tilt my head around once or twice to find them all though.
34 and yellow is fuckig awesome fuck all of you talkin shit abt yellow
39, yellow is my favorite color don’t MESS with me
This is interesting. I’m not a fan of yellow, it’s just not my color. I only really get mad at it when a bad design used the wrong saturation against white.
You cannot see bright yellow on white from far away! Boarder that shit or make it darker!
I can see 39 o.o but I actually like yellow. I just don’t wear it much because I’m blonde and it just makes me look like a big light bulb.
35 to 37 if I really concentrate, and I hate yellow, the bright yellows the most
39/39!
And yes, I’m not a fan of wearing yellow.Wait. I saw thirty nine.
I’m fucking color blind.
Okay. So I looked it up. This test is garbage for figuring out tetrachromacy due to technical limitations and there’s exactly one confirmed case.
Im still colorblind. All I see is the difference in the hues.
i see 41 colors o.O
Komentarze
Prześlij komentarz