So, the “worst book you had to read for school” thread makes me sad, since there’s so many books I love in the list.
So, do people want to play with me and say their favorite book they had to read for school?
Okay it’ll got too long to just write on tags sorry
Of course every country gives books to read in school mainly written by national authors. Nothing’s different here.
My first thought is Lalka (Doll). It’s really long book about a guy who wants to develop country, be a scientist, but feel for an aristocrat who didn’t feel the same, but he gave up everything for her and probably committed suicide. It was full of angst and I love angst.
Next is Quo Vadis. Had over 800 pages and I devoured it in one day. Roman guy fell for a Christian girl and tried to kidnap her, but didn’t succeed. He had to go trough a long road of character development to be worthy of her pure love. Again much of the angst I enjoy.
Next is Balladyna. About a cruel woman who did everything to gain power, starting with killing her own sister.
I didn’t get much of it, but enjoyed futuristic Bajki Robotów (Tales of the Robots).
And last one is really heavy book called Inny Świat (Different World). A guy who survived gulag gives his testimony. I mention it here because it really shows that not only nazis were evil and we whiten out Soviets too much.
Almost forgot about Orwell’s Animal Farm. It shows exactly why communism can’t work.
Komentarze
Prześlij komentarz